7200emu.hacki.at Forum Index 7200emu.hacki.at
Dynamips, Dynagen and all that stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
7200emu.hacki.at Forum Index

hackibr>

Problem loading network file

Post new topic   Reply to topic    7200emu.hacki.at Forum Index -> dynamips on mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpogrady

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Problem loading network file Reply with quote

Hello

I am trying to setup Dynagen on my Macbook and am having a few problems with my network file. I installed the Dynagen and am able to run the server, see below.

gradyLast login: Wed Jan 30 11:13:29 on ttys000
cd /tmp ; sudo /Applications/Dynagen/dynamips -H 7200
john-paul-o-gradys-macbook:~ johnpaulogrady$ cd /tmp ; sudo /Applications/Dynagen/dynamips -H 7200
Password:
Cisco Router Simulation Platform (version 0.2.8-RC2-x86)
Copyright (c) 2005-2007 Christophe Fillot.
Build date: Nov 11 2007 11:11:35

Hypervisor TCP control server started (port 7200).

I am having a problem running my network file, I am getting the following error

Last login: Wed Jan 30 11:30:36 on ttys000
/Applications/Dynagen/Dynagen.app/Contents/Resources/dynagen '/Applications/Dynagen/sample_labs/simple1/simple1.net' ; exit
john-paul-o-gradys-macbook:~ johnpaulogrady$ /Applications/Dynagen/Dynagen.app/Contents/Resources/dynagen '/Applications/Dynagen/sample_labs/simple1/simple1.net' ; exit
-bash: /Applications/Dynagen/Dynagen.app/Contents/Resources/dynagen: /usr/bin/python^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
logout

[Process completed]

Anyone have any ideas as to why it is not working? See below for my network file. I have stored the IOS images in a folder called IOS_Images in Dynagen

# Simple lab

[localhost]

[[3640]]
image = /Applications/Dynagen/IOS_Images/c3640-js-mz.123-8.T8.bin

[[ROUTER R1]]
s1/0 = R2 s1/0

[[router R2]]
# No need to specify an adapter here, it is taken care of
# by the interface specification under Router R1

Thanks

JP
chris
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the eyes...
crissa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem loading network file Reply with quote

jpogrady wrote:
Hello

I am trying to setup Dynagen on my Macbook and am having a few problems with my network file. I installed the Dynagen and am able to run the server, see below.

[...]

Thanks

JP

Hello,
what an awful color, could you use "code" instead of "color" next time, please?

I presume you tried to use the new interim version of dynagen! I had the same problem with this version. Try the old interim version ("http://dynagen.org/interim_builds/Dynagen_0.11.0-121507_and_Dynamips_0.2.8-RC2_OSX_*").

If the old version works there is maybe a problem with the new and I don't know how to fix it.
Bye, Tore

greg
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bad, at some point in the process the dynagen files got switched to DOS text format files as opposed to Unix format files. This breaks both the OS X and Linux builds. I'll post updated builds later today.

I'll have a constant reminder to do so, because for the rest of the day when I close my eyes my retina will display a negative image of your post due to the searing color you chose....
crissa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greg wrote:
My bad, at some point in the process the dynagen files got switched to DOS text format files as opposed to Unix format files. This breaks both the OS X and Linux builds. I'll post updated builds later today.

Hello,
that's all? Argh! (I didn't saw it so I wrote a mail to greg. My idea was a python problem ...)

Quote:
I'll have a constant reminder to do so, because for the rest of the day when I close my eyes my retina will display a negative image of your post due to the searing color you chose....

How true! ;-)
Bye, Tore

greg
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I just posted updated packages for OS X and Linux. (012708b). Let me know if those work out any better for you guys. Thanks.
taphagreg

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have installed it and it certainly works on my MacBook Pro Leopard.

I will be doing more time in dynamips next week, and will post if needs be.

My 10 router MPLS cloud is sound, and some other of my designs look ok so far.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    7200emu.hacki.at Forum Index -> dynamips on mac All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: