7200emu.hacki.at Forum Index 7200emu.hacki.at
Dynamips, Dynagen and all that stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
7200emu.hacki.at Forum Index

hackibr>

localhost.ghost' error on Intel Mac Os X.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    7200emu.hacki.at Forum Index -> dynamips on mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
navfett

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: localhost.ghost' error on Intel Mac Os X. Reply with quote

Deleted my post from yesterday. A good nights sleep got me working on it again and i was able to get past the initial errors i had. Now i started to receive a 206-unable to create VM instance 'R1. A search here shows that on Vista UAC was turned on. I have a Mac so i dont see how that applies to me. Another post mentioned creating a c:\workingdir, i tried that even though it applies to windows. Still didnt work, the workingdir could not be found. Looking at the tutorial for a simple lab config i dont see any mention there to create a workingdir line in the .net file.

I toggled around and changed the name from R1-R2 to 1 & 2 since a post here mentioned that there is a bug in the code. That seemed to work and i got as far as this: Last login: Sat Apr 11 16:12:24 on ttys004
new-host-2:~ navfett$ /Applications/Dynamips/Dynagen/Dynagen.app/Contents/Resources/dynagen '/Applications/Dynamips/sample_lab.net' ; exit
Reading configuration file...

*** Error: 209-unable to start VM instance 'ghost-\Applications\Dynamips\c2600-advipservicesk9-mz.124-12c.bin-localhost.ghost'

I looked at some more posts, and one here mentions to change the file name to .bin which i did. I looked at my file location, compared it to the .net statement and am still receiving the error. Should i zipeg the image or change the name? The location is correct, yet i still receive the error. Any thoughts opinions, would be greatly appreciated?

This is what my .net file looks like.

# Simple lab
autostart=false
ghostios=true
sparsemem=true

[localhost]

[[7200]]
image = \Applications\Dynamips\c2600-advipservicesk9-mz.124-12c.bin
# On Linux / Unix use forward slashes:
# image = /opt/c2600-advipservicesk9-mz.124-12c.image
npe = npe-400
ram = 160

[[ROUTER 1]]
s1/0 = 2 s1/0

[[router 2]]
# No need to specify an adapter here, it is taken care of
# by the interface specification under Router R1
navfett

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok it took me a few minutes to do some more searching and i came across a post that mentioned to change ghostios=false from true. did that i was able to load the .net file. But still having some more issues, so going to try and work through that. I know how to fix the idlepc issue, just need to figure out why i still get the 209 error even though the file has loaded successfully.

navfett$ /Applications/Dynamips/Dynagen/Dynagen.app/Contents/Resources/dynagen '/Applications/Dynamips/sample_lab.net' ; exit
Reading configuration file...

Network successfully loaded

Dynagen management console for Dynamips and Pemuwrapper 0.11.0
Copyright (c) 2005-2007 Greg Anuzelli, contributions Pavel Skovajsa

=> list
Name Type State Server Console
1 7200 stopped localhost:7200 2000
2 7200 stopped localhost:7200 2001
=> start 1
Warning: Starting 1 with no idle-pc value
*** Error: 209-unable to start VM instance '1'
navfett

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After some more troubleshooting, i think my IOS might have issues. I know the location is correct.

I see the following on my dynamips window. Time to go download some new IOS an give that a shot.
load_elf_image: open: No such file or directory
C7200 '1': failed to load Cisco IOS image '\Applications\Dynamips\c2600-advipservicesk9-mz.124-12c.bin'.
navfett

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i took a break, came back and downloaded a couple of different 2600 series IOSes, I still experience the same error.

my .net file looks like this.

debug = 9
# Simple lab
autostart=false
ghostios=false
sparsemem=true

[localhost]

[[7200]]
image = \Applications\Dynamips\Dynamip_Code\c2600-adventerprisek9-mz.124-7.bin
# On Linux / Unix use forward slashes:
# image = \Applications\Dynamips\c2600-adventerprisek9-mz.124-9.T.bin
npe = npe-400
ram = 160

[[ROUTER 1]]
s1/0 = 2 s1/0

[[router 2]]
# No need to specify an adapter here, it is taken care of
# by the interface specification under Router R1

i ran debug 9 and tried the following.

=> list
Name Type State Server Console
1 7200 stopped localhost:7200 2000
2 7200 stopped localhost:7200 2001
=> start 1
Warning: Starting 1 with no idle-pc value
DEBUG: sending to dynamips at localhost:7200 -> vm start 1
DEBUG: returned -> ["209-unable to start VM instance '1'"]
*** Error: 209-unable to start VM instance '1'

But when i checked my debug for when dynamips starts it does like my IOS.

DEBUG: sending to dynamips at localhost:7200 -> vm set_ios 2 "\Applications\Dynamips\Dynamip_Code\c2600-adventerprisek9-mz.124-7.bin"
DEBUG: returned -> ["100-IOS image set for '2'"]

So far i have tried 3 flavors of 2600 series IOS. I dont think the IOS could be bad. Whats the chance of getting 3 bad IOSes, ???? Could someone take a peek what my .net file / debug output and see if i m missing anything here. IT would be greatly appreciated. all my research is pointing to the path being wrong, but i have double/triple checked it to make sure its correct. I am going to work on it some more and if no success tonight, then come back in the morning to see what else i can throw at it. Smile
crissa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
see <http://dynagen.org/tutorial.htm#_Toc193247993>.
Bye, Tore

navfett

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so after realizing that there is a blatant line under the tutorials stating tht 2600 ios needs to be uncompressed, i wiped the pie of my face and went about doing such. even though my 1st attempt had an unzipped ios, still it didnt click. i tried several other variations of 2600 ios. i went ahead and downloaded some 7200 series ios & tried both uncompressed and compressed versions. still no worky. so i m contemplating reinstall ? although that might be arsh considering everything works cept for when the ios is trying to load up. i have moved the ios to several flavors of folders yet kept them all in the master folder of Applications. anyway back to the drawing board unless i get some other flash of brilliance kick in.
fairshuru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could someone take a peek what my .net file / debug output and see if i m missing anything here. IT would be greatly appreciated. all my research is pointing to the path being wrong, but i have double/triple checked it to make sure its correct. I am going to work on it some more and if no success tonight, then come back in the morning to see what else i can throw at it. Smile..???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7200emu.hacki.at Forum Index -> dynamips on mac All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: