7200emu.hacki.at Forum Index 7200emu.hacki.at
Dynamips, Dynagen and all that stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
7200emu.hacki.at Forum Index

hackibr>

BGP/Default Route Lab

Post new topic   Reply to topic    7200emu.hacki.at Forum Index -> sample lab topologies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
response3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: BGP/Default Route Lab Reply with quote

Hi all,

Here's a topology that mimics a network I just completed building. It consists of one location (AS65000) multihomed to 2 ISP's (AS300,400), with a remote site (R2) connected to ISP B (AS400). Both sites, (R1,R2) are connected with a T1.

What I'm doing with this lab is sending a default route to R2 via BGP, full tables to R65000, and redistributing the default path to OSPF.

Since I'm using IOS firewall images, you could also have IPSec/GRE tunnels setup and run OSPF between R1 and R2.

Does anyone have any other ideas for labs using this topology?

-Brian
cryptobug

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi dude

Thanks for .Net file
Dieter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, I'm trying this one out ... But I can't figure out howto setup these routers to make the "isp-switch" fairly invisible. When I shut down one ISP, the route stays unavailable untill the BGP session times out. Only then connection to the default route is back.

I guess I need to make the default route backup or something but I can't figure out how...
murtaza_20

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:13 am    Post subject: .NET file Reply with quote

HI Can you please provide me the topology diagram and the .NET file for BGP configuration.

Thanks in advance. my email address is murtaza_20@rediffmail.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7200emu.hacki.at Forum Index -> sample lab topologies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: