7200emu.hacki.at Forum Index 7200emu.hacki.at
Dynamips, Dynagen and all that stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
7200emu.hacki.at Forum Index

hackibr>

Passed CCIE R&S

Post new topic   Reply to topic    7200emu.hacki.at Forum Index -> CCIE thanks to dynamips
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thegrave

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Passed CCIE R&S Reply with quote

Passed a few weeks ago on first attempt but needed some time to get sober:) Used solely dynamips 97% of the time so I could say I owe you a lot guys!!! Thanks a lot for all the efforts, all the time and nerves you've spent making this project better and better every month!

Now let's go to business:) As my coding skills are really poor and I surely cannot contribute to the project this way I decided to donate 50% of my first salary as CCIE so the question is - where and whom should I send the money to:)? I'm not sure for all the contributors, but Greg Anuzelli and Christophe Fillot are the core team of this project, is that correct? If I send the money via the PayPal links on dynagen website they should reach a shared account for the project or? This should happen somewhere in about 3-4 months (currently somewhere between unemployed and self-employed) from now cause I wanna get MCSE and CISSP to go for a much higher salary (respectively - donation:) before getting a new job. I hope that there will be enough at least for a few (thousand) beers guys:) Thanks a lot once again for everything - you make dreams for people in the third world possible!!!

P.S. Haven't run a routing protocol in a production network in my entire career as a network engineer (e.g. about 3 years) so forget about all the legends for the guys with 10 years Fortune 100 experience that take the exam from the 5th attempt - they just haven't learned hard enough, that's it. After all - it's just an exam, nothing more, nothing less.

Best regards,
nickt69

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats man

Nice idea about the donation! every time I see this type of thing it makes me understand why I want to do this exam.

It's time to get serious Mad - I write in Jan

hacki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations - passing on the first attempt is really rather seldom.

h.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
thegrave

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ain't that rare anymore - at least from what I read in the forums. Me and two friends of mine managed to take the exam on the first attempt in 4 days - 2 in R&S and one in Security. More importantly - guys that rely solely on Dynamips manage to take the exams on the first attempt which proves the exquisite quality of the project.

About the donation - as far as I get it the PayPal account on Dynagen website goes to Greg's account but no similar link on the Dynamips website unfortunately. Will contact Chris directly about that.
jumbo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congratulations.....
conspathas

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7200emu.hacki.at Forum Index -> CCIE thanks to dynamips All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: