7200emu.hacki.at Forum Index 7200emu.hacki.at
Dynamips, Dynagen and all that stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
7200emu.hacki.at Forum Index

hackibr>

having a little trouble TFTPing files to a router

Post new topic   Reply to topic    7200emu.hacki.at Forum Index -> dynamips on mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rj4102

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 1:25 am    Post subject: having a little trouble TFTPing files to a router Reply with quote

Hi all,

As the subject says I am having a little troubling trying to TFTP some files over to the router. Right now I can't ping the host OS en0 address from the router. I can however ping other devices on the network from the router as well as the tap0 address without any issue.

I think my problem with the TFTP is that for some reason it cant connect to the host computers IP address.

Here is my setup

en0 = 172.16.1.30
tap0 = 10.10.10.10
router = 10.10.10.20

other device on physical network
ASA firewall = 172.16.1.1

router can ping asa and tap0 but not en0

host OS can ping tap0 and router (ya i know weird, router cant ping host os but host os can ping router)

here are the commands I used to set this up on the host OS

sudo ifconfig tap0 10.10.10.10 netmask 255.255.255.0
sudo sysctl -w net.inet.ip.forwarding=1
sudo sysctl -w net.inet.ip.fw.enable=1
sudo natd -alias_address 172.16.1.30 -interface en0 -use_sockets -same_ports -unregistered_only -dynamic -clamp_mss
sudo ipfw add divert natd ip from any to any via en0

setup a default route pointing to tap0 ip

made sure os x firewall is turned off

My gut feeling tells me somethings fubar with the host OS but i can't for the life of me figure out what it is or how to fix it. Any of your more adept OS X guru's able to help me out here?

-RJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7200emu.hacki.at Forum Index -> dynamips on mac All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: