7200emu.hacki.at Forum Index 7200emu.hacki.at
Dynamips, Dynagen and all that stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
7200emu.hacki.at Forum Index

hackibr>

Is CCIE R&S Topology possible with two 3500 series Switc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    7200emu.hacki.at Forum Index -> Dynamips with real Switches
View previous topic :: View next topic  
muttu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:45 am    Post subject: Is CCIE R&S Topology possible with two 3500 series Switc Reply with quote

Hello All,

I need some help understanding if it is possible that i can create full featured CCIE R&S lab with only two switches(1x3550, 1x3560) that i have? Would appreciate if someone can suggest how i must connect them to my quad NICs so i can use/implement all features using INE workbooks.

I understand that we need 4x3500/3700 series switches for CCIE topologies but i also have 2x2950, can i use them in my lab to test layer2 features or above two 3500 series switches can be used to do all that is required in features?

Would appreciate quick reply so i can setup asap and start my prep Smile
BR
danshtr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do most of it with what you got. You will need to use all four of them: 3550, 3560 and 2x2950.

Use extra two routers to emulate the IP routing side of the 2950.

The CCIE troubleshooting blog
http://dans-net.com
muttu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear thanks for the reply...

I am not sure what you mean by "use extra two routers to emulate..." as 2950 is L2 switch! and i am going to be emulating all routers using dynamips.

Actually i was looking forward to knowing the connectivity fashion so that i can best test/use 3560 specific advanced features?

BR.
mathew791

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that we need 4x3500/3700 series switches for CCIE topologies but i also have 2x2950, can i use them in my lab to test layer2 features or above two 3500 series switches can be used to do all that is required in features.
mathew791

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need some help understanding if it is possible that i can create full featured CCIE R&S lab with only two switches(1x3550, 1x3560) that i have? Would appreciate if someone can suggest how i must connect them to my quad NICs so i can use/implement all features using INE workbooks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7200emu.hacki.at Forum Index -> Dynamips with real Switches All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: